Local Offer Information
Transition from primary school and Transition for school leavers
1. What support does the academy offer for Year 6 students coming to the academy?
- The Learning Support Manager/Assistant SENCO meets with Primary SENCO’s to transfer information
- Main transition day visit – opportunity to meet other students and form tutor/head of house
- Year 5 Transition day
- Specialist transition visits can be requested for students with Special Educational Needs or vulnerable students and students can visit as many times as possible
- The Learning Support Manager/Assistant SENCO attend Year Five and Year Six Annual Reviews/EHC reviews
2. What support is offered for students who are leaving?
- Member of the Learning Support Team meet students to discuss transition options
- College visits and taster days
- Meetings with careers advisors
- Specialist SEN careers event
- Haywood Academy SEN Offer at City College (Employability and Life Skills)
- Advice from the Learning Support Team during GCSE and A Level results day
3. What advice/support do you offer young people and their parents about preparing for adulthood?
- The Prince’s Trust qualification offered at Key Stage 4
- The travel training programme
- Pre-Apprenticeship Learning with intu potteries
- Positive academy ethos