Employability & Life Skills (ELS) Pathway
City College is offering a unique programme of employability and life skills. The programme is bespoke to each individual and offers a supported, nurturing and inclusive environment for all.
As part of the programme, students will:
- Gain BTEC qualifications in personal, social development, work skills and work experience
- Study functional skills English and Maths
- Undergo small, supported work experience placements and larger, unsupported placements where necessary
- Gain a qualification in ‘Home Cooking Skills’ in conjunction with Edexcel
- Take part in a comprehensive travel training programme
- Learn about budgeting skills as they approach adulthood
- Access outstanding pastoral care
- Have independent careers advice
- Access a programme of enrichment
- All students on the programme will have support from members of the Learning Support Team and Independent Skills Practitioners
How do students join the Employability & Life Skills (ELS) at City College?
The entry requirements are at least one grade E–G/1-9 at GCSE, although this can be discussed at interview.
This programme is for you if:
- You are not certain of what vocational area to move into
- You need more support with your English and Maths
- Need to develop your social skills
- Want to improve your confidence
- Like to work in a small group environment
These places will require an interview the learn and support manager to discuss the requirements of the course and needs of the individual.
For more information regarding Special Educational Needs support at City College, please contact Mr Nathan Legg, Learning Support Manager:
- By calling (01782) 853535 ext 679; OR
- By email: email@example.com
Further information can be found in the Local Offer.