Local Offer Information
What help and support is available for the family?
1. Do you offer help with completing forms and paperwork? If yes, who normally provides this help?
- The Learning Support Manager/Assistant SENCO can arrange this support.
2. What careers information, advice and guidance can parents and students access in the college? Who normally provides this help and how would they access this?
- A member of the Learning Support team meets on a one-to-one basis to talk through choices at GCSE (post 14) and post 16 transition. Visits can be organised to post 16 and post 18 establishments
- City College will offer lower-level supported courses – Employability and Life Skills.
- Careers evening (members of the Learning Support Team attend) (years 8 and 11)
- Options evening (members of the Learning Support Team attend) (year 8)
- City College open evening (members of the Learning Support Team attend)
- Local authority careers advisors meet one-on-one either alone, with the student or with a member of the Learning Support Team
- A specialist post 16 SEN careers event (year 11)